Need ideas for how to give back on GivingTuesday? Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor, or showing up for an issue or people we care about, we each have something to contribute. Identify your gifts, pick a cause that gets you fired up – like AHN Westfield Hospital, and give back on November 28 for GivingTuesday.
In Your Neighborhood
- Add some books to your Little Free Library.
- Anonymously leave a bag of groceries at the doorstep of someone you know who might be struggling financially.
- Make an extra lunch for someone while you make your own.
- Leave a gift card or cash at your local gas pump.
- Send a gift card for food to your fire and paramedic station.
- Add some new plants to your community garden…or start one!
- Start off your day by sending out an email to help someone (that won’t necessarily benefit you directly). It could be a recommendation, an introduction, some constructive feedback, some encouragement, or a helpful link.
- Leave a platter of homemade treats in the common area of your home or office
With Your Children
- Make essentials gift bags filled with toiletries and snacks and give them away.
- Write kindness notes to share with classmates or send to Absolut Westfield residents.
- Display an encouraging message or inspiring artwork in your window.
- Make cookies for your neighbors or co-workers.
- Go through their closet with them and donate any extra clothes they’ve grown out of or don’t like anymore.
- Make some treats and have them give them out to the mail carrier or delivery person the next time they ring your doorbell.
- Host a giving circle! Pool your resources or time to support a cause that you and your family or group of friends care about – like our community hospital!
- Send some flowers to a friend you know has had a difficult time recently OR ‘Just Because…’ to brighten up their day.
- Celebrate birthdays with donations to the WMH Foundation. Create a fundraising campaign for whoever in your friend group has their birthday up next. You can start it on GivingTuesday and end it on their birthday.
- Share with your friends how you have chosen to give on GivingTuesday and inspire others!
- Start a kindness wall with words of appreciation, encouragement and affirmations.
- SMILE – though your heart is breaking. It might just help someone else smile through their tears…
On Social Media Platforms
Share how you’ve been giving back on social media with #GivingTuesday and inspire others to join you!